Information about Nature Publishing Group and UC
- University of California Update (PDF) on Discussions with Nature Publishing Group, February 13, 2012.
Background information and documents:
- On June 4, 2010, a letter (PDF) was distributed to UC faculty by campus librarians with the support of faculty library committees, including the systemwide University Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication (UCOLASC). The letter provided information about the UC Libraries’ pricing challenges with Nature Publishing Group (NPG) and the likelihood that the libraries will have to cancel some or all NPG titles. The letter also describes a potential boycott that some faculty are proposing if the dispute cannot be satisfactorily resolved.
- "U. of California Tries Just Saying No to Rising Journal Costs" was reported on June 8, 2010, in The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- On June 9, 2010, Nature Publishing Group released a Public Statement regarding subscription renewals at the University of California.
- On June 30, 2010, the University of California responded (PDF) to the Nature Publishing Group's Public Statement.
- The University of California and Nature Publishing Group issued a joint statement on August 25, 2010.