Different communities of UC’s faculty, staff, and librarians are working on a number of approaches to advocate for change in scholarly communication, and UC has been negotiating for open access and affordable subscription costs with journal publishers as contracts with those publishers come up for renewal.
Peer institutions are also making strides in this work. Here we share tools that we hope will be helpful to the community, as well as outcomes of joint efforts among UC and other institutions.
- Negotiating with Publishers Toolkit
- Guidelines for Evaluating Transformative Agreements
- Open Access Tipping Point (OATIP) Public Affirmation
- Transitioning Journals to OA
- “Pathways to Open Access”